Sunday, March 18, 2012

I woke on sunday morning

Sundays have become my favorite day. They don't resemble the miserable, depression filled days of high school signaling the sad end of the weekend. Nowadays, it's my one usual day off so, I treasure it. I visited South Philly last Sunday which, I have to say, has been my favorite east coast city thus far. A warm community feeling, families, culturally diverse, young types appropriately sprinkled about(minus the neon caps and mustaches), long standing Italian cafes and restaurants, street markets galore, etc. I could go on and on. And the food. The food is beyond delicious. Make it your next east coast stop(after Baltimore, of course).

Today was a little less adventurous, but sometimes that's needed. I bought a Turkish area rug(finally), made some red lentil soup, took a walk right before sunset, got the Sunday New York Times for free(score!), bought a cheap bus ticket for NYC and listened to some of my favorite tunes. Sundays have been good to me lately.

P.S. I'll miss walking to a cafe 5 blocks from my house.


A little Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment