Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Park Treasures




I work across the street from the largest park in the state of Maryland. That's a made up fact. I have no idea if it's the largest park, but the mental image is astounding, isn't it? I will say it's pretty damn big and exceptionally beautiful.

I just realized how great it is this past weekend when they hold their monthly flea market! It's a massive and eccentric garage sale(sans garage) with close to 40 vendors.

I scored my man a 25 cent brass and copper buckle, a tiny wooden elephant(I'm attempting to build a small collection), Smokey Robinson and The Miracles early Tamla vinyl and this book. It's my bus ride read and If you think you know everything about Dylan, you don't. He was shy, sometimes too confident, romantic, stubborn, young and deeply in love for that moment. So far, it's a sweet peek into their first meeting and an exciting musical and idea bursting chapter in Greenwhich Village. I know I've mentioned this book before, but I just got my hands on it and I'm hoping it lives up to MY hype.

1 comment: