Saturday, March 26, 2011

musica ya shabab

I found a record today that i'm pretty excited about. I'm always on the hunt for vinyl from the middle east. It's difficult because I can't read arabic (yet!) so if there's no translation on the record you kinda just roll the dice. I recognized a few singers on the compilation including Lebanese singer, Sabah so i think I did good. The first track sounded like a dabke song, which is a traditional dance performed at events in palestine, syria, lebanon and a few other middle eastern countries. This video starts off slow but when these guys get going, it's awesome.

I couldn't find that much information about this lebanese compilation i found, but i'll happily take it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, it's also in francais, so if you ever want something translated send it my way.
    "The proverb said"

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the only part i definitely knew! the song titles and liner were all in arabic. more incentive to take classes.

    ReplyDelete