Thursday, March 24, 2011

Have Love, Will Travel - The Sonics

I've always hated the idea of a music critic. Picking apart what's usually a sacred art to someone and breaking it down into, "sub-par guitar riffs...blah blah blah." But we all do it secretly, and maybe within the company of friends. I'm no expert, but I do like talking about the experience I get from an album, and sometimes that experience is not... pleasant (ha). I like to call it subtle and honest examination, not critiquing. I have yet to be harsh, usually because I pick the albums that I WANT to share with readers.

On that note, this is one of my last columns for Real Detroit Weekly. I'll try to keep it positive. There's an east coast city lurking with new music, people and stories. The idea of new inspiration and interactions is filling me with an anticipation I haven't felt in a long time.


and travel far to see people you love, even if you feel or are broke.



No comments:

Post a Comment