Tuesday, July 5, 2011

to the middle east.

When moving to Baltimore, I remembered I had a large shoebox filled with family photos. My favorites, by far, were the early photos of my parents from the late 50s on. Style, sophistication, genuine moments..who were these people?? Let's keep it real, those elements don't exist so much in their world anymore. And that's fine, but it's comforting to look back and know that life was a little more rich and exciting for them. At least the photos tell that story. On that note, I've been really interested in finding middle eastern inspired lithographs, landscape photos, early photos of life and work, etc.

I found this!



King Farouk and Queen Farida, former egyptian royalty





Umm Kalthum (1898-1975)

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I love old photos...even more special when they are your family's.

    ReplyDelete