Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's time.

I returned from a long road trip from one of my favorite places. Home. I cleared my head, freely listened to my favorite music(I found an old hip hop mix),strained my back, saw the mountainous state of Pennsylvania covered in light snow and saw some dear people in my life. The universe was nice to me on the way back with a deep orange and red sunset in Maryland and a quick drive(I win. I made it back under 9 hours.)

I hope what I felt is a continuous push, some real motivation. I talk about starting my own business as a dream, a cloudy illusion that only happens and exists in that unreachable sense. It will become a reality and I need to start viewing it as such. Detroit really inspired me this time around. I saw people around me make, draw, shoot,play, sell, etc. Though my steps are small and behind the scenes, I'm eager for a hands on, concrete change. A small business course? Heavier research? It's time.

On a happy record release day note,Damien Jurado's Maraqopa is out today! I don't think I've been excited for a new record in years. New music lives again.

1 comment:

  1. I think a small business course would be great-I cannot wait to hear more about this!

    ReplyDelete