Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I get asked to dinner

I made some pretty killer lentil soup the other night. I discovered that my mom has taught me wrong(I'm positive my mom only barely checks her email so this information will never get to her). She typically uses brown lentils, which i love, but The Lebanese got it right with red lentils. Red lentils, onions, garlic, veggie stock, cumin, salt, pepper and lemon and you have lebanese style lentil soup that you'll find at your nearest sweet little middle eastern spot. Easy.

Also, this is the best cookie I've ever had. THE BEST. It's a staple at the cafe and we love making it. It's better than any buttery chocolatey concoction you whipped up in your kitchen. Trust me. It's from the book, Vegan Cookies Invade your cookie jar. They will invade your hot cup of coffee too. eattt!

On another scattered thought, I decided to save most of my tax refund but give myself a little something(s). I need the music.

Here's a few vinyl selections that will find its way into my home..

Ran to the record store last Tuesday for Damien Jurado's new album. Matt is really happy to be photographed with Damien (mostly because his cannibal corpse t-shirt is peeking in)




The Louvin Brothers-Tragic Songs of Life (1956)



Kurt Vile-Smoke Ring for My Halo(2011)



Maybe a little more Donny Hathaway and An Eccentric Soul compilation from an old chicago soul label? It ain't cheap but I'm feeling frivolous and soulful.

Here's a little taste from Deno.

No comments:

Post a Comment