Monday, April 25, 2011

canned rain.






I've never really been a fan of Canned Heat. Not because I don't prefer them, but because I unintentionally skipped over them. But today I picked up a collaborative album they did with none other than John Lee Hooker called Hooker n' Heat. Oh man! It's bluesy, guitar driven, signature hooker vocals, etc..The outtakes are included between tracks which I really enjoyed. I've never been into the over produced sound of certain albums, same why I'm not into polished pieces on NPR, for example (this was my favorite npr show for awhile. total guerrilla radio). "Mistakes" are a part of that process, so their inclusion on albums is a natural and organic experience. Did i mention i got this for 50 cents? Just wanted to brag about that for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment